Ask us anything!
We are the one-stop access point for community information needs. Our Mission is to advance social justice through community knowledge. We develop, document, share and use community data, information and knowledge to support action.
We provide resources for:
- Community Leaders
- Community Organizations
- Community Service Professionals
- Individuals and Families
Support is available through:
- One-to-one counselling to individuals (phone, walk-in and more)
- Resource Centre with access to internet, computers and a range of information
- Web access
- Contact service
- Communication broadcasts
- Electronic data options - database lease/licensing for multiple user access
- Tailored information and data products
- Clipping service
- Consultations for information, research and community needs
- Mobile knowledge options e.g. training and presentations
- Facilitation for community events and for planning and development
- Leadership for community initiatives
Our goals are to:
- Increase understanding of social resources, assets, issues, needs and context of the local community by those who need this knowledge to take action.
- Increase citizen participation in social, economic and political life of the community
- Build social cohesion through relationships, collaboration and community action.
- Reduce inequitable access to knowledge resources resulting from emerging technologies
- Develop the social infrastructure of the community – people, organizations, services, policy.
We stay informed about the social, economic and political life of the community and share this knowledge with others for their day-to-day needs, to help them in times of crisis and to support action to increase the full participation of all citizens in the community.
Our vision is for a sustainable Waterloo Region where all people actively participate in finding solutions to improve quality of life with the Social Planning Council Kitchener-Waterloo/Community Information Centre Waterloo Region as a responsive leader committed to promoting social development.